Contact us with any questions
Information We Collect
As part of providing you with our services we obtain nonpublic personal information about you, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Information we receive from you during meetings and discussions, on applications, worksheets, and other documents we use in financial planning or providing our services to you;
- Information we receive from you on applications or required questionnaires, such as your occupation, current employer and social security and driver’s license numbers;
- Information we receive from you and others in connection with Pacifica Wealth Advisors, Inc. provision of advisory services;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or previous insurers, such as your policy coverage, claim information, premiums and payment history; and
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, obtained for the purpose of ascertaining credit histories.
We are committed to the protection and privacy of its customers’ and consumers’ personal and financial information. We will not share such information with any affiliated or non-affiliated third party except:
- When necessary to complete a transaction in a customer account, such as with the clearing firm or account custodians (e.g., Charles Schwab);
- Our affiliated companies in order to provide a service to you;
- When required to maintain or service a customer account;
- To resolve customer disputes or inquiries;
- A third party if reasonably necessary to enable them to perform services for us such as account aggregation (e.g., eMoney Advisor, LLC), claims inquiries, appraisals, or the detection of fraud or material representations;
- With persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the customer;
- With rating agencies, persons assessing compliance with industry standards, or to the attorneys, accountants and auditors of the firm;
- In connection with a sale or merger of Pacifica Wealth Advisors, Inc.’s business;
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, identity theft, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability;
- To comply with federal, state or local laws, rules and other applicable legal requirements;
- In connection with a written agreement to provide investment management or advisory services (e.g., FMN Capital Corporation) when the information is released for the sole purpose of providing the products or services covered by the agreement;
- Companies that perform services to your account that we do not provide ourselves. Such services may include account valuation, and preparation of account statements;
- Companies that will help protect your account from fraud;
- In any circumstances with the customer’s instruction or consent; or
- Pursuant to any other exceptions enumerated in the California Information Privacy Act.
We may also share information about you with a brokerage firm or securities dealer in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf. We may also need to discuss your personal information with others, such as your banker or attorney, in order to provide services to you. Furthermore, in certain situations (i.e., portfolio reporting, account aggregation, financial planning), we may need to provide certain information to unrelated third parties who need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you. In all such situations, we stress the confidential nature of the information being shared.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to provide services to you. We maintain physical, computer, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please discuss such questions with us because your privacy, our professional ethics, and the ability to provide you with quality financial services are very important to us.